When people feel ready to make a change in their life it is usually because they’re ready to make a difference. That difference may involve finding more meaning, peace, happiness or love in their life. It may be for themselves, someone close to them, or it may even take the form of wanting to make a significant impact on a more global level.
Do you want to make a difference in one of these areas? If you’re not sure, answer these questions and it will help you decide:
• Is there something I want in my life right now that feels missing?
• Do you feel ready for a bigger challenge?
• Can you make more of a difference by sharing yourself?
• Are there new ideas popping up in meditation that call for you to take action?
• Do you have dreams that signal a new beginning? Are you dreaming about pregnancy, your own death or perhaps you’re sitting in a classroom again? All of these symbolize change or transition from your subconscious mind.
• Do you want to make a difference that resonates in your soul?
• Is there a greater purpose that you’re feeling drawn towards?
• Would you still feel okay in five years if you didn’t make any changes in your life?
• Are you ready to make a difference in your significant other’s life?
• Do you find yourself yearning for something that you can’t quite name?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, then it seems clear that you’re ready to take some actions to create change in one of these areas. And this is one of the key points.
Simply make a change in ONE area. Don’t overwhelm your body, mind or spirit with taking on a world of changes.
Our brains are hardwired to change slowly. Any new practice takes at least four to six weeks before it becomes a habit and a regular practice. So be patient and kind with yourself. Stick with this ONE new change for at least a month, and at the end of that time congratulate yourself! You will have changed for the better! Before you know it, you may find yourself addicted to this feeling! One good change can inspire you to create another and another!
So decide on one change you will make to accomplish this. Even during the process of doing this before you make the complete change you will feel joy, satisfaction, fulfillment, peace, contentment, clarity and a connectedness just by committing to this one change knowing the difference it will make at some point.
Are you ready to make that difference today?