This was a wonderful question that was sent to me by Judy on my New Pathway To Healing facebook fanpage. I selected this one for the video today because it goes along beautifully with the July theme this month of “Dare To Dream!”
Have you ever had a dream of something that stirred your hearts and energies and then your negative self-talk knocked it right back down? You might have heard statements like these:
• Are you kidding? You can’t do that!
• You’re not even being sensible. You don’t have the time or money to do it!
• Sure, maybe when you were younger you might have gone for it, but it’s too late now!
• You’d have to be a lot older to take on a dream like that!
• Seriously? You never finish anything you start? Why would you even entertain that you could take this on?
• Well maybe if you had more money, time, looks or _______________, you might be successful but that’s not you!
Well you know what I have to say to clients that come in with this negative self-talk?
At least you HAD the dream!!
Truly you have to have the dream before you can decide what you need to get there!
Do you know how many people have no dreams? They’ve internally squashed anything that tried to stand up and get attention! So good for you!
We’ll be working a lot more on this the rest of this month! In the meantime, enjoy the video where I talk about making your dreams come true.