I think this is a perfect day to list an abundance of ways for your body, mind and soul to find joy on a daily basis in life! Here’s my list, and I’m sure you can add to it with many things that you do on a regular basis!
- Pick one fabulous flower in your yard, and showcase it in your best crystal vase.
- Take your dog or a neighbor’s dog for a walk. Dogs find the joy in every moment no matter what has been going on in their life. Feel the delicious stretch in your legs as you walk down a new path and explore new vistas.
- Put some chimes near a fan, close your eyes and feel at peace as the Tibetan monks do when the bells ring for daily meditation.
- Walk or drive to your favorite place in nature. Feel cradled in Mother Nature’s arms as you smell the earth, feel the warmth of the sun and feel yourself reconnect to earth.
- Play a classical piece of music as you help conduct the orchestra in your mind to stir your senses to their highest levels of reverie.
- Recite the 23rd psalm aloud. Read it over and over again as the joy of remembering all and feeling at peace returns to your soul.
- “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name’ sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.”
- Take a child to buy an ice cream cone, and eat it outside. The sheer delight of watching a young child try to capture every drop brings joy and delight.
- Visit someone that wouldn’t expect you to do so and bring them a beautiful flower in a round clear bowl of water. You will bring beauty and joy to their day!
- Write down a gratitude list of those things or people you are grateful to have in your life.
Doing any one of these things will bring a joy to your daily life. What else do you do to know joy?