One of the tools that I have developed over the years and found to be most effective with clients is actually YOU! The simple fact that YOU hold the answers to your own healing can be a pivotal moment for many! I am the guide, conduit, facilitator, therapist, life coach or connector to the insight and awareness that you hold in your body, mind and spirit!
Here’s one path I use to help you find those answers!
Finding your subconscious message in your dreams!
Your subconscious holds the key to awareness. It is the part of your brain that tries to deliver these messages through your dreams! It also speaks to you through other venues, but the one I want to speak to you about today is the insight that can be delivered on a nightly basis in your very own dreams!
I have many clients tell me that they can never remember their dreams. Or when they do, they think they’re so bizarre that they quickly forget about them and move on with their day. But there’s a wealth of information, insight and awareness that are accessed through your dreams. If you’re willing to do a little bit of research and devote some thinking time, then you can unlock the door to your dreams.
This is how your subconscious tries to work through issues or concerns that you have on a regular basis. It is trying to communicate through your dreams, and it does this via metaphors and symbolism. As you become more familiar with the symbolism that is unique to you, it becomes an eye-opening process to interpret these messages on a daily basis.
Follow these steps to create a new awareness:
- Step #1: Before you go to bed each night, close your eyes and ask for a dream to reveal the insight to anything that’s been bothering you.The beauty of this is that you don’t even have to know what is bothering you because your subconscious already knows it!
- Step #2: Keep a notebook and pen next to your bed at night. If you wake up in the middle of the night, you can jot down highlights from your dream to help you jog your memory in the morning. When you wake up, immediately write down your dream before doing anything else. The moment that day-to-day distractions enter your brain, your dream tends to disappear quickly.
- Step #3: At some during your day read back your dream. No matter how strange it might seem, it’s there to give you a message. I find that the more bizarre it is, the stronger the message is that’s trying to be delivered to you!
- Step #4: Choose symbols from the dream that stand out to you. They may include the ocean, stairway, dying, having a baby, getting a present, losing someone dear to you, winning the lottery, or any other symbol that clearly stands out. Google the symbol, and you will receive several meanings for it. You will quickly be able to discern the one that is most accurate for your situation.
- Step #5: This is the major key to dream interpretation! Every person you dream about is a facet of yourself. For example, I had a client dream about her father. When I asked her to describe her father with a few key words she said, “tough, rigid and unyielding.”This was the part of herself that she was now describing that explained how she was handling something in her life that wasn’t in her best interest. Remembering again what I said…the stronger the symbol, the more the message is trying to get delivered!
Record your dreams for several nights, and work with them. You’ll be amazed at the level of insight that YOU can give yourself!
If you have any trouble interpreting your dreams, feel free to contact me at[email protected]. With a simple 30-minute coaching session, you can begin to hear and see your inner wisdom!
I also published a video on YouTube last year and it was titled, “What Does It Mean When You Dream About Someone?” It received over 5500 views! There’s a lot of folks interested in this topic! Check it out! Click here
New Pathway to Healing
Connect to Mind – Body – Spirit with Petey Silveira